Friday, November 6, 2009


The image on the top was made in Leonforte, Sicilia where my father grew up.  Carnevale is celebrated all over the island in various ways and this image evokes the spirt of  this magical time in this particular town. On the right is another image from the dance performance in Furci, Sicilia during the summer of 2009. The young woman was a belly dancer and her performance was stunning! I closed my eyes  while listening to the music and envisioned an image something like this. I just jiggled the camera to capture what I saw and was fortunate to get some results that were pleasing to me

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! I like this effect your doing...what is the camera that your using here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a Canon G10 which is really a point and shoot. It is just straight forward photography. Just shaking the camera while the shutter is open. Remember when you were a student and I said, "when you make a great shot, no one will ever ask you, "But how many did you take to get that one"!!!!

    ReplyDelete