Thursday, November 5, 2009

first images


I love Sicilia. This is the magical island of my fathers' birth and I have been going there every summer for the last 8 or 9 years as well as during the winter to photograph Carnevale. Being my first attempt at blogging, I am not really sure what I am attempting to do nor how whatever it is will be received. I do know that I want to share my experiences and my love of the island with those of you who might be interested. Sicily is, as my wife so aptly expressed it, a feast for the senses. While at a dance school performance in Furci, Sicilia ( Sicily), I tried to make my images imitate the music played as an accompaniment
Liking them or not is subjective and perhaps it is my own subjective feelings of the islands' beauty that endears these and other images to follow, to me. Feel free to make constructive criticisms   joezarbaimages  Furci, Sicilia 2009

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! They look like paintings...not like a real photograph! Your the best Zarba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing photos. I agree, they are like looking at a painting. Unbelievably creative, Joe.

    ReplyDelete