Sunday, May 9, 2010


Just a few images which, for whatever reason, are appealing to me today. So many images which I try to group thematically but I am realizing is not necessary. I enjoy these due to the special significance they have in defining, "My Sicilia". The gentleman with the broom I stumbled across while in Caltagirone looking for pottery.He was as drawn to me as I was to him and while I speak no Sicilian, we understood each other perfectly. I was atop a set of stairs in Palermo when I saw the elderly man walking across a small piazza. Though almost the breath of the island apart, I felt they shared similar pasts. One day in Ortygia across the bridge from Syracusa, I glanced up to see this young woman carrying on a familial tradition. The boy is engrossed with the national pastime not only in Sicilia but throughout Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment