Monday, July 4, 2011

So, in Sicilia, during the summer, the image on the left is what you may have for breakfast: cappuccino or expresso, a brioche and a granita
which is, to the best of my ability to explain, a cross between an american slushy ( doesn't do it any justice) and a gelato which is far creamier and more delicious than the best American ice cream. It comes in many flavors but the Sicilians LOVE lemon. I am a pistacchio freak and mixed with chocolate, is d e v i n e !!!! The panna or cream on top is optional. Go for it! The tomatoes seen here are not altered or color enhanced but are rather real, like in... NATURAL!!!!! Chocolate granita ( again), Pistacchio and mandola (almond) gelato in Pace del Mela, Sicilia ( grazie Maria!) and a caffe (which I can smell) con biscotto in Furci. Have a great summer everyone!!!



2 comments:

  1. Everything looks "meravigliosi!!" I remember my first lemon granita, a gift from my cousin one morning while visiting in Ferla (SR).

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I am sure you will NEVER forget it!!!!!!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete