Wednesday, January 13, 2010



As it is almost time for Carnevale, that "Infamous pre lenten festival, I thought I would share some images made in Acireale, Sicilia the town that boasts, "IL PIU BEL CARNEVALE DI SICILIA", which I happen to agree with!
Not a carnevale of costumes such as is the case with Venezia ( see my web site (www.joezarba.com)
but rather gargantuan floats as large as two stories high and the width of 2 SUV's depicting political satire where no one is spared! It is a time of merriment and revelry ( my favorite B&W)
and, as Ed Norton of the Honeymooners once said, "Good Clean Fun"! I hope you enjoy this modest sample.


3 comments:

  1. this Carnevale work is exactly what comes to mind when I think of Joe Zarba Photography....festive, rich, beautiful colors. LOVE the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Max. That one was actually published in SHUTTERBUG magazine (July 2006) as a winner of a contest entitled, "COLORFUL CARNEVAL" Thank you for following me.

    ReplyDelete